Good News:)))) No not those kinds....

YIPPEEE:))))) Someone teach me how to do the tribal dance, or I'll horrify people here with my utterly graceless prancing...yess....I got a, well, kinda promotion and I got a HIKE. Am I on top of the world or what...
List of things to do with extra cash...
1) Look for a proper house, now that I can pay decent rent
2) Buy that MP3 player I've been eyeing for so long???
3) Get a new wardrobe????
4) Join music classes???
5) Party harder :)))
6) Buy a washing machine???

Shit.....I gotta choose now...how I hate this, why didn't I get a good enough hike to be able to do aallll of that??? But I got a hike nevertheless..sorry, cannot wipe that goofy smile off my face for sometime now :P.
Have been house hunting for the past few days now, and it is so damn difficult. Suddenly, even the auto wallah who lives in a proper house as aginst a room seems better placed in life than me.
First I go the broker and tell him what I'm looking for and my budget, and invariably, the first thing he'll say after listening(I thought) intently , will be " There is one wonderful house madam,.." but the rent will be a good thousand bucks more than I had planned on ever stretching myself to shell out. As if that isn't exasperating enough, he will then show me around a number of houses, and have conveniently forgotten to call the owner in advance, so
1) Either the house is being tiles/painted/cemented/whatever, so I don't really see the house
or
2) The owner's not there, again...no house seeing happening
or
3) Keys missing, same frustration

Now that I'm close to pulling my hair out in sheer exasperation, we'll finally reach one decent house, looks quite nice, owner's around, and then the questions start..

Q: "Is this for family or bachelor?"
A: "For a single woman, Me"
Q: "Where are you working"
A: ".....etc"
Now owner seems satisfied working with good company and all, but am single and female..BIG QUESTION " Will you have peeople visiting you?"
Duh..does he think I'm essentially antisocial or what?
BIG ANSWER " Yes"
And...now comes the clincher....
BIGGER QUESTION "Laddis or Gants"
BIGGER ANSWER " Both"
And there go my chances of being able to find a nice house in a nice locality, which fits my budget, and looks bigger than those cardboard boxes one sees nowadays. Where are those supposedly cosmopolitan people living in this city? Is it just restricted to when they are busy whiling their nights away partying? So anyway, going back to the travails of house hunting..am now past the nice locality houses, so will be shown houses just outside nice localities, or houses in nice localities that are just a little short of being decent places to live in..ok..so am a wannabe now.
First house I see (just outside nice area).....beautiful, brand new construction, no hassles with who's living there, and who comes over and at what time...grab it you might say..and am just about to, when I look around and what do I see...a factory right opposite the house...wastrels hanging around, I can feel the lecherous stares excited at the prospect of a woman living in an apartment full of single men...no shops sround for atleast a kilometer, no auto stands, nothing, so bold I might be, and you might call me paranoid, but I read the newspapers thank you very much, and the crimes going up the way they are, much as I like the house itself, common sense and intuition tells me safety wise its a big NO, so I sadly console myself telling me there's better in store and will myself to let the damn broker know am not interested.... so poor broker scratches his head, exercises few grey ceels, comes up with "One house there is, Madam" and well..it is an excuse for a house, one room, with a kitchenette and a bathroom, pretty cozy..or atleast I can pretend it is, these are desperate times...so banishing all hopes of a home, I ask how much the rent is, and have to hold on to the railing to prevent bodily damage to myself and broker. Its insane I tell him ,too much for a bloody pigeonhole, doesn't even have a hall, just a bloody room, I'm paying far less now for a room much bigger than this..and broker looks at me with benign smile, laughing inwardly at my ignorance of the dynamics of rent, and says "This is posh area madam, you will not get, where you are living it is very easy" BAM....POOF..gone again....
And ofcourse there are these numerous houses one reads about in freeads at rents that seem to be too good to be true..and I realise they really are too good to be true...not the rent..those are fabulous budgetwise, but locationwise...I find come rain, come drizzle, come rat piss, the rest of the city might not even know it, but I'll be needing to swim home every single day; all the money i save on rent, I'll end up spending on surf excel...bah!

Comments

ak said…
I have to admit you write very well.
It is sad that a lot of Indian men treat women as sex-objects. I've been planning to write a post on this because I feel quite strongly against it. I don't understand this mindset. If two people of the same age and the opposite sex are friends, it's viewed with suspiscion. It's idiotic and I wish people were more open-minded.
I read about this incident where a bf-gf had gone to some place for dinner. They decided to see whether what they'd been reading in newspapers and mags was true so the guy just left the girl alone for eight or nine minutes. When he came back, there was group of "admirers" assembled nearby. They left when they saw she was with him. It's sad. But true.
ak said…
I have to admit you write very well.
It is sad that a lot of Indian men treat women as sex-objects. I've been planning to write a post on this because I feel quite strongly against it. I don't understand this mindset. If two people of the same age and the opposite sex are friends, it's viewed with suspiscion. It's idiotic and I wish people were more open-minded.
I read about this incident where a bf-gf had gone to some place for dinner. They decided to see whether what they'd been reading in newspapers and mags was true so the guy just left the girl alone for eight or nine minutes. When he came back, there was group of "admirers" assembled nearby. They left when they saw she was with him. It's sad. But true.

http://sinshady016.journalspace.com
Anonymous said…
Hey Suha!

Well wish you all the luck on that house and of course congrats on the promotion.

*Looks up to god* What about me? Have you forgotten me??

This was a hilarious peice.....keep them coming

The Hissing Saint
Dreamcatcher said…
Hey congrats on the promotion. me adding u hope u dnt mind..
Anonymous said…
sad story dude......... but i still enjoyed the humor. As for surf excel....... trust me u get cheaper detergents.....


Cherrio!!!!!

Aditya kumar/ Harina

Popular posts from this blog

How we broke up and rebuilt our relationship : 7 rules that helped us build a solid marriage

Sistersick :((((((