Just Breathe...

So I guess this is what they call drunken blogging!!! ;-) Midnight here and I'm still recovering from the after effects of a job well done. The new job has given me way more avenues to prove how I am god's goft to the corporate world (??? ;-)) than I could have asked for.
I've always thought corporate training was the way to go for me..and today, post my first ever formal training session, I am convinced that this is the way to go for me. I guess I knew deep down that nothing would give me as great a high as being able to connect with an audience, being able to impart knowledge from my post high up above, to be able to drop those pearls of wisdom to people eager to lap them up..but I never knew how good it would feel, how much I would feel at home standing in front of people expecting me to be taking them through the intricacies of a world that was new to them, to be able to guide them through those concepts that they had only heard of!!!

I conducted my first ever formal training session and on LEAN at that. The initial nervousness, the obsessive compulsive checking on the projector's status, the availability of the material..all of it was replaced by a calm that I havebn't felt before ever. I have never been very uncomfortable speaking to an audience; stage fright has never been a major issue for me..but this was something that I was totally not prepared for. To know that the outcome of people's work depended on how well I had managed to get through to them was something that worried me immensely. Standing there, however, in front of the people who expected me to make their journey through LEAN easier, it suddenly dawned on me that this was no different than talking to a bunch of people, to take them through my experiences, to give them a perspective that they hadn't contemplated earlier..and as usual giving gyan came oh so easily to me ;-).
I would not be flying so high however, if the training feedback forms had not been so encouraging. The feedback was what actually prompted me to go and celebrate with a drink and a few friends!! hehe :)
To add to all this general revelry, I leave for Blr tomorrow for a weekend full of good GOOD music, time spent with friends who have been sorely missed and three days of a trip down memory lane.
If there's a perfect way to ring in the weekend....this is IT my friends!!!

Comments

Mister Crowley said…
oh...lots to love in that town (minus night life, that always sucks) ;-) biryani, cheap booze, cheap autos, cheap movie halls (well, they were cheap when I was there the last time)...

And yes, Pennywise, we all float down here :D
Anonymous said…
simple clear writing....i expected something different :)

Just thought will let you know i dropped by...

Anuj

Popular posts from this blog

How we broke up and rebuilt our relationship : 7 rules that helped us build a solid marriage

Good News:)))) No not those kinds....

Sistersick :((((((