Counting my blessings

Am trying to figure out if I should feel sad or glad {surprise..I can rhyme too :)))} . For the nine hours I spend at work, I barely put in an hours worth of work most days. Yes, I can feel those jealous vibes, but I could tear my hair out. I can only spend so much time writing, what do i do the rest of the time I spend in office? And imagine all the weight I'm putting on, thanks to countless trips to the cafeteria to get rid of sheer boredom, and all the extra money I spend on books, and music and paraphernalia to make my desk look better than the showcase at home. There has to be something to justify these precious hours of my life I while away here. So here I make my list of things to be thankful to my office for:

1) I have the bestest desk in office..photos, soft toys..the works
2) I eat good food(no not the subsidised meals) and lots of it. All thanks to the cafeteria and Cafe Coffee day wallah.
3) I have loads and loads of amazing forwards that I cannot get myself to get rid of.
4) Have the coolest, fastest systems I've ever seen in a workplace till date :)))
5) Can pick and choose my social circle each weekend depending on moods
6) Have my own extension, can keep in touch with friends without spending a bomb on cellphone bills
7) I get to surf all I want, all for freeeeeeeee
8) I check my personal mail more regularly
9) I get to start my very own blog
10) I do all my self-introspection at work. Leaves my weekends free for better things!!!
11) I GET PAID FOR ALL THIS AND MORE :))))))))))))

Ha! Now I feel much much better.

..............................................................................................


Why my tragedies never end....

Part I

Get into cab to go to work.
Me: "Oh SHIT"
Everybody: "What have you forgotten today?"
Me(Oblivious to groans around me, they should be used to this by now)
" My purse/book/I-Card (choose flavour of the day)"

Everybody: (trying hard to look like they don't want to kill me)
Me: (looking very very apologetic) "Sorry, Bhaiyya, vapas chaliye please,
kuchh bhool gaye. Sorry people"

Go back, run upstairs, grab whatever I'd forgotten, come back huffing and puffing

Me: (making doggy eyes now, hopefully will reduce murderous feelings in group) "Sorry
again" (hesitant, very sweet smile)

Reach office without incident

Part II

Get into cab to go home

Me: "Ohhh shiiit"( almost a sqeaky whisper, with very apologetic looks)

Everybody: (too tired to look murderous)"NOW WHAT???"

Me: "I think I forgot my keys in the office, Bhaiyya, ek minute gaadi side kar lijiye"

(All this while people are still trying to fathom how I manage this feat Every Single Day)

Me: (rummaging wildly through huge bag now) "Yippee..have my keys after all"

Manage to preserve a little dignity and rise in eyes of colleagues until.......

Part III

Get into cab to go to work

Me: "Oh SHIT"

And so it goes on from one day to the next........

All this self-humiliation for dear friend kunju who puts up with it, managing to smile no matter how much she wants to give in to baser instincts...muaaahh kunju:)))

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ahhh! that was a real funny one! The next time you are in my cab i shall not forget to Xclaim "NOW WHAT"!!!!!! Hehe!!!!
Anonymous said…
Ahhh! that was a real funny one! The next time you are in my cab i shall not forget to Xclaim "NOW WHAT"!!!!!! Hehe!!!!

Harini

Popular posts from this blog

How we broke up and rebuilt our relationship : 7 rules that helped us build a solid marriage

Good News:)))) No not those kinds....

Sistersick :((((((