First Job

GECIS was sold today. As I discuss the implications of this with fellow ex-GECIS'ers, it brings back so many fond memories of the time I spent there. I guess the "first job" holds the same kind of nostalgia that "first love" holds, or maybe more in some ways. My dream of going back there someday at a better position, as part of management might now never come true, but it's still nice to think of what might have been. I made friends for life there. Learnt so much that I've been able to put to use within and outside the workplace. It was the place for me to start off, without the walls of hierarchy to adhere to, I learnt how to maintain relationships at work, how to make things work for you. And ofcourse, I was intorduced to the dirty world of office politics. A lot to be thankful to a first job for sure.

But above all that, I'm grateful for the people I met there, the quickthinking minds I interacted with, and ofcourse for V.

............................................................................................
As I write this today, my thoughts are with V. V, who's lost people who were the closest to him, and still finds it in him to enrich other people's lives. V, who knows what hitting rock bottom is, and has still managed to rise above it all. V, who manages to turn negatives to his advantage, who doesn't give up without a fight. V, who inspite of everything, manages to give love a hundredfold more than anyone I've known.
I can only hope, that in the face of what has been served to him today, too, he'll find it in him to rise above it, to not let it touch him, not let it affect his zest for life. For him, I pray and wish for only happiness that he deserves like no other. I wish for him all the comfort that life can offer, all the joy that he has missed out on, all the love that he needs. For him, I pray that all the efforts he's put in over so many years, comes back to him, that he doesn't have to face another struggle, that life only offers him the best. And for him, I hope, that in all this, I can give back the love, the caring, the inspiration that he has enriched my life with.

Comments

Anonymous said…
gecis is my current company :-) - ADI

Popular posts from this blog

How we broke up and rebuilt our relationship : 7 rules that helped us build a solid marriage

Good News:)))) No not those kinds....

Sistersick :((((((