Gaping mouths and better things..

I hope all of you had a wonderful Diwali, I ofcourse was working, but more than made up for it over the weekend :))); inspite of not exactly celebrating diwali, my weekend after a long time had a beautiful relaxed feel to it.
V ofcourse lucky bum that he is, had almost an entire week off from Thursday to Monday, which for me is always good news..I get more "US" time. Coming back to work after one has had such a lovely break, to put it mildly sucks. And me, in my ever-lunatic way, have no option but to make myself feel better by acting like an absolute madcap, be double the chatterbox that I normally am and ofcourse giggle giggle giggle like nobody's business. The only downside to all this happy business is the amount of sweets I've been gorging on. Everyone's come in with some sweet or the other, so since the time I came in to work today, I've had a royal spread of coconut laddoos and two kinds of kaju barfis and chaklis and chocolates (rum chocolates at that) and there still are a few more goodies I have to get my hands on. All my weight loss over the last few weeks, which is still a stroke of extremely good luck, considering I don't do anything that is conducive to weight loss, all goes down the drain unless Lady Luck decides she still likes me.
15 more days for me to go hoooooooooome :))) I am so thrilled. I'll go back to the loves of my life for a whole 12 days. Puchkas and kati rolls and biryani at Aaliyah's, and lots and lots of time with family. Since the day I left Calcutta I'm yet to come across one place that is even close to the foodie's haven that cal is. Everything from the most exotic to the roadside stall types of food is availabe at prices that will not make you wish you were born to the Birla's, saving you the guilt of ever feeling like just maybe you could've been born to better(read: richer) folks.
Incidentally my trip home was supposed to be a surprise for dear sister. But on a chat on webcam, my dear uncle who could very clearly see that everybody including aforementioned to-be-surprised-sister was on camera, decided to write"I think its a surprise for p(my sister), but isn't P(me) coming down for her b'day?" and all hell breaks loose. My poor father who couldn't lie to the grocer with a straight face, tries to cover up something of this magnitude in front of someone as skilled at catching slips like my sister; a wasted effort I tell you. And the next thing I know is one thing screaming at the other end of the phone"Akka, you coming home for my budday" and I, as unskilled as my father, trying to pretend my leave got cancelled. Try and do one good thing in your life and it falls flat. I tell you I was meant to be this fumbling types. Try one suave sweep em off their feet tactic, and this is how it ends.
Hope you all have better luck with surprises for whatever's left of the year. Me, ofcourse, am going to go back and try and come up with foolproof ways of leaving people with gaping mouths for reasons other than my language and the sexy hickie me's been sporting for a few days now ;))

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How we broke up and rebuilt our relationship : 7 rules that helped us build a solid marriage

Good News:)))) No not those kinds....

Sistersick :((((((