Trouble II

So, here I was, trying desperately to concoct some mild reason for me to be at the hospital, but a combination of the satisfied look on V’s face while I said "Hello" and the subsequent worried "what happened" from my mother at the other end just sealed my fate as tightly as possible. As if that wasn’t enough, after knowing every bit of the story thanks to V, mother decided the doctor who so confidently refused to believe it was anything more than a panic attack, needed to be told it wasn’t so, and that he was to keep me in hospital for atleast 24hrs under observation. Poor V, not keeping too well either, went all around, looking for the doctor, made sure my mom had her word with him, and it was decided that I’d stay there for 24 hrs. My team lead was informed by Mirji that I was going to be admitted and would be back in office the next day most probably. You must think, why I’m making such a big deal about this whole thing right? So I was in hospital for a day, Big deal right? Ha..that’s because you don’t know the whole story yet…not that I knew it then either :P
V was just about to go and get the formalities done, when another young, not even as good looking as the last Doc turned up. Another routine of what exactly happeneds, whole history recounts, breathe ins and breathe outs, and the same diagnosis; panic attack. I very politely explained myself again, but was beginning to have my own doubts. After all two doctors had said the same thing and the last time I’d had a similar episode, it was more than 2 years ago, maybe I was wrong. So,this time the doctor suggested a stronger dose of medication and going home since he didn’t think I needed to be admitted, and as my doubts grew stronger I agreed. All this while, I was juggling calls from my team lead, my colleagues, and ofcourse MY MOM. After finally explaining to her that I needn’t stay in hospital( I wasn’t too keen anyway), and reinforming my team lead, who poor thing by now must’ve been really harried, that I was infact going home, I proceeded to crack a few much delayed stupid jokes with Mirji; which didn’t do much to enhance my not well image.
I get ready, comb my hair, look presentable enough and wait for V to come so he can drop me home, when the steam engine effect decides it hasn’t had its share of limelight yet. And the whole rigmarole starts again. By now, everyone; V, Mirji, the nurses, the poor Doc are all at their wits’ ends, not wanting anything more than just getting rid of me and all the confusion I bring with me ASAP. V, in an infinitely patient tone( the kind which one adopts when one is using up their last reserves of patience), tells the Doctor he better admit me, and that the rest can be taken care of the next day. As he goes to pay up for my admission and finish with the rest of the formalities, yes, again, my poor hassled team lead calls to know how I’m feeling and is given news of this change in status. I am sure he must’ve cursed me a million times. All this back and forth, and I finally got admitted at midnight. I have this penchant for hospitalisation only at or past midnight. Am sure I carry the curses of a number of people for the sheer amount of trouble I put them through, but its not my fault no? Not like I do all this on purpose.
If I thought I could finally get a good night’s sleep and go back home the next day, I couldn’t have been more mistaken. Nothing seems to take the beaten path as far as my life is concerned. After spending a really sleepless night, my condition really worsened by next morning, rendering me unable to even speak one word, which you must’ve guessed was the most painful thing to ever happen to me. I was put on oxygen finally and stayed in hospital for a good 4 days before I was discharged so I could catch my flight the same day I was discharged. In my 4 days in hospital, I created enough ruckus for a lifetime, ofcourse, not on purpose, you know I would never do that. And that is how my life keeps springing dirty surprises on me. Not only did the hospitalisation mean once I got home, it was going to mean mostly recuperation at home for me, it also meant that I would get a status on how things are at work only once I got back from my vacation.
But there are tons of funny memories and nice reminders of why life is so wonderful I brought back too. Friends going all out, taking risks at work, so they could stay with me in the hospital. People I didn’t know too well, just as parents’ friends, putting everything aside so they can attend to me and try and make thigns as smooth for me at the hospital as possible. Showing a different side of V to me, bringing us closer. Not being able to take being silent anymore and talking till people literally had to beg me to keep my mouth shut for 2 minutes, then challenging me to do the same and me losing, not being able to sleep because of the person next to me snoring in different tenors and pitches. Not letting the nurses sit in peace because of that, insisting on the room being changed at 1:30 at night; generally being myself :P. Am just hoping my share of bad luck has been exhausted for now and things get better for a month or two atleast..coz right now my cup really overfloweth and with all the wrong things!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How we broke up and rebuilt our relationship : 7 rules that helped us build a solid marriage

Good News:)))) No not those kinds....

Sistersick :((((((