The desire to write flows in me like the blood through my veins...just like blood stays inside...so unfortunately does the desire ;) However, i do not want to lose the small spark of talent (if i say so myself) i posess to be able to put my thoughts..my feelings into words..and i try and try and try to come up with words..with thoughts that sound interesting even when they are not just in my head anymore. For added inspiration, i go and read hajaar blogs, not for material, but more for style..and by the end of my research..i am so exhausted..that I end up just shutting down and leaving. At other times, the beauty, the eloquence, the crispness, the humor in the writings that I read put me in no mood to present my less than mediocre attempts at creativity up for public consumption..and then the "evil me" takes over :)))

I seem to be at my most creative when work is not only not sucking the life out of me, in a rare display of mercy, it eludes me completely. So I end up having hours and hours of idle time...and a hyperactive mind which surprisingly is extremely zombie like when work decides to show its pretty (??) face. However, the converting of creative thought to words is a long ardous process. This is how it goes, Suha Style in order:

Check mails
Delete all that have to do with serious office business
Save Forwards in a seperate folder
Read through all old jokes, and then new (This order needs to be maintained religiously, or else BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN)
Recheck all new mails that have piled up while following above ritual
Delete
Repeat

Break

Check Orkut
Recheck Orkut
Read up on wat's been happening in everyone elses's life

Break

THINK (Now this is a very very draining activity)
Break

Come back to desk
Break

Look around bored at everyone else who seems to be working furiously.
get Frustrated
Break

Check Orkut
Check Mails
Check Blogs

Once this routine has been diligently followed for a week, it is safe to presume that I have enough raw material in my head to put in words.

Once put in words, as you can see..the creativity is all in my head :) But I do so love the idle routine right now..I dread tomorrow when work is going to rush in and overwhelm..when I'm goin to be gaping for breath under a wave that offers no respite..no not the weekend either..when my Manager will not be appeased with blood, flesh, with the blood of my ancestors..nothing. Until then..my lazy routine is my refuge..my little escape while my body replenishes and stores all the energy for the days ahead.

Until then...I like to tell myself..I'm nothing if not eligible for the booker ;)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well written..but does not do justice to all the efforts you have put in over the past few months..this is just a vacation.
Anonymous said…
Well written..but does not do justice to all the efforts you have put in over the past few months..this is just a vacation.
Anonymous said…
HMmm...interesting...my schedule tends to take a completely inverse shade!

Arrive at office

2. Logon to messenger

3. Check mails..Orkut...blog...

4. Discreetly observe if Boss is watching...

5. Work

Repeat steps 2 - 5

LOL!

And hang in there...u got your own style...so dont bother with the rest! Not all of us can be humorous and not all of us can be so poignant as to make the tears flow! So well stick to it and someday someone else would be saying...Damn! WIsh i could write like that! :)

Popular posts from this blog

How we broke up and rebuilt our relationship : 7 rules that helped us build a solid marriage

Good News:)))) No not those kinds....

Sistersick :((((((