And then I knew...

I should have known today would be the sort of disastrous day one only gets nightmares about when my gut told me sitting in office and listening to sad breakup songs was a better option than heading home. Unfortunately, me and my gut have a slight standoff going on. My gut doesn't listen to me, and I don't listen to it.

Anyway...sometime around 3 in the morning, I finally decided to head home....the brave lady on my scooter..I can kick ass. My friends (and my gut..it insists I mention it), told me it was a bad idea..too cold, too little protection..one mirror broken, and one that is squint eyed..overall..not one of those nice...hop on for a ride...hum a nice tune kind of situation.

By the time I had covered the 1.5 km stretch home, I had managed to hoodwink evil death (ok..exageggerating there..a wee bit, but its my blog dammmit)..well if you insist, I managed to avoid two large..really large hazardous potholes..and one crazy cab. Also, the distinct creaking sound that I thought were my neighbours having a good time..it took me a few painful seconds to realise they were my fingers unclenching, releasing the scooter handle. All's well that ends well right? I thought so too...

I go home, switch on tv..and guess what..no cable!!! Thats right people..no cable..no lullaby. Now living alone leaves a stamp on you. One of those being the very noticeable presence of some form of noise or the other at all times as long as you're at home. In my house, this translates to loud music at all hours, even when I'm hitting the sack; thank god tvs come with sleep modes, my neighbours manage to catch a few hours of shut eye atleast. Anyway I digress, my point being: no noise, no sleep. So I toss and turn, waiting for the elctricity to bring the sweet noise of VH1's head Bangers Ball back into my life, hoping I'll somehow still manage to make it to my breakfast rendezvous with my old friend from school. My gut will have you know that it was not to happen.

That would be enough of rubbing my nose in the mud as far as my gut was concerned, don't you think? I did too..but no, it has an ego that is three times the size of mine, proving its point doesn't even cut it with these minor mishaps.

Blissfully unaware of these sinister clouds hovering over me, I get up, laze around in bed, wake up one limb at a time..takes me about 2 hours. Then the rush to get to office begins. Get ready, lock up, plug in the music, get onto the scooter and zip zam zoom, get into the office in style. Usually this is where I then shuffle my feet, walk in, careful to not look anyone in the eye, settle down at my desk quietly, hoping noone will notice my presence and leave me alone. Today though, courtesy those sinister clouds, zip zap zoom, I was out again, headed home. My house keys had mysteriously disappeared. Aside: I found a hole in my bag, explaining, I hope, the disappearance. I prayed to all the gods I could think of; they ofcourse very politely said "Who the fuck are you", I pleaded with my gut and the sinister clouds, hoped that the damn keys were still in the lock..minor setback that's all. But no, if life were that simple..then there wouldn't be any stories would there? So I get home, find no keys, and that is when my universe comes crashing down. My paranoid mind, not one to be left out of all the fun, jumped right in. Aah what fun, now would just be the time to conjure up bizarre possibilities, the probabilities of which possibility exist only in the same old paranoid mind. Like I have mentioned before, and not too long ago at that, I had no choice but to indulge it. It took a good bit of calming me down from a number of friends, neighbours, landlords, etc...and I had a plan of action.

Thankfully, a friend of mine had many eons ago decided the best way to love oneself was by moving out of the comfort of a house with family, where they took care of everything and by moving into a house on one's own. Anyone with brains would have told them to STFU and stay put. I of course, not only encouraged her, I gave her the keys to my house so she could get a taste of what living alone is like. Luckily, my friend has more brains than I do..which isn't saying a lot..but still. She never took me up on the offer, but she still had the keys.

Day saved.

That my friends was my day. Aren't you glad you asked? What did you say? You didn't? Too bad...too late now :). What's life without a little drama I say!

Comments

Anonymous said…
wha all u doosh....arre...lubloosh:*:*
Anonymous said…
Hi I'd like to congratulate you for such a terrific made forum!
I was sure this is a perfect way to make my first post!

Sincerely,
Robin Toby
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/halloween-party-supplies.html]halloween Party Supplies[/url].

Popular posts from this blog

How we broke up and rebuilt our relationship : 7 rules that helped us build a solid marriage

Good News:)))) No not those kinds....

Sistersick :((((((