Life's good...*or so I thought*

My life has been the kind of stuff movies are made of..the adrenaline boosting, leaving you with a "WOW" feeling kind of ride this weekend. The good, the bad, the weepy, the funny; all packed into two days. It's quite exhausting may I add.

As you can tell from my previous post, Saturday didn't exactly start with tides of cheer and goodwill..but it picked up post that nevertheless.

So, there I was feeling sorry for myself, unloved and ridiculously weepy when an old friend (SK) from school called to find out what decadent activity I had planned for the weekend. The surprise..no, shock..no..downright disbelief..yes, thats it..the downright disbelief in his voice was quite palpable. Anyway, once I had convinced him that seriously..really..honest to godly..I had a chaste weekend ahead of me, he decided to go right ahead and tempt me with visions of a land where the liquor flows freely, the cigarettes never stop lighting up and the music is always loud. And I am weak...I have always believed the best way to get around temptation is to succumb to it. So you know how the next few hours were spent. In case it isn't clear..very happily..in high spirits (pun intended) et al. All the merry making left me too exhausted (also a little wobbly) to ride all the way back home, so SK offered to let me crash at his place. I agreed on the condition that come hell, come highwater, he'd kick me out by 6 in the morning since I had to hand over another friend's keys at that ridiculously unearthly time of the day that most people I know, including me have not witnessed very often. Deal struck and all and it was time for the last smoke of the day, some soothing music on the playlist and the lumpy mattress on the floor was more heavenly than it would have been had I not been all trippy and happy courtesy the free flowing liquid diet.

Like you might have guessed by now, nothing..but nothing in my life ever has to go the way planned. You're lucky I don't give you a blow by blow account of everything that goes wrong..or...um..on second thoughts...maybe just luckier than you are now.

So..to start off the day, instead of subjecting me to torture by expecting me to be awake at 6, my friend (the other one) decides an early entry is entirely needed and proceeds to wake me up a full 30 minutes earlier, depriving me of even more shut eye than he was earlier. I wake up, go to the drawing room to pick up my backpack and find the balcony door open. Start of day..not bad!!

Me to snoring mass in the bedroom: "You know what...(I'm just eloquence personified,
I know), you shouldn't leave the door to the balcony open.
Its not safe." Having thus declared, I proceeded to pack my stuff and not very quietly at that.

Snoring mass a.k.a. SK, obviously equally eloquent: "You know what, I never leave the
balcony door open at night." Some less intelligent being might have proceeded to be alarmed at this bit of information. We are but obviously more enlightened, and gave this no further thought. Anyhoo, since I wasn't being the very quiet and considerate guest, SK decided it would be better to wake up as well, make sure I was well on my way before he went back to snoreland. As for what followed, he only has me to be eternally grateful to.

So..SK awake check.
Me awake check.
Me packing check.
Balcony door open check.

SK decides this would be a nice time to catch up with friends he hasn't spoken to in a while and begins hunting for his phone. Well, maybe he really wasn't planning to call up anyone, but I can't think of any other reason someone would jump out of bed and before even checking..i don't know..anything...would start looking frantically for their phone. Anyway, so he starts looking for his phone, and aren't you quite the intelligent lot, exactly, it wasn't anywhere to be found. SK (Sheer eloquence there I tell you) "You know what, I think someone broke in and did away with my phone". My firstly, few in number, secondly not yet fully awake grey cells failed to grasp the significance of this statement at once. A secod or too later, the alarm registers, I start looking for my purse..my purse that is proof of my existence, my purse without which I would neither be able to ride my scooter, or be able to prove that I am a citizen of this country and more importantly, would not be able to live life semi queensize...okay..pauper semi queensize..but some queensize nevertheless. And again, nowhere to be found. Not immediately at least. After a bit more frantic hunting all over the house, we find one purse and one set of my (gasp) new housekeys (close shave again!!!) stacked neatly and no cell phone (SK's). Further investigation reveals to our great relief, the thief's loot didn't amount to much. A little less than a grand in hard cash missing from my purse and SK's phone. My cards, my licence..all of that intact. And..the best part of it was, there were two laptops, one external combo cd drive, one Ipod..all of which the thief evidently decided wasn't worth 2 cents when compared to 800 odd bucks and a cell phone. And Thief, if you're readng this...good boy..or um.girl...you're the best thief ever...we hereby present you with a certificate of appreciation.

A little more investigation revealed how the intruder had managed to get in..and believe me it was no pretty discovery. SK managed to call the cellphone customer care guys from my phone and reported his phone missing and post lots of headshaking and "OMG we're so lucky"s , I finally decided to ride all the way back so I could hand over the keys to my other friend so he's not left standing outside his door hopping on one foot, too busy trying to hold in what should only be let out in the privacy of a bathroom.

That morning had 2 lessons to teach me.

1) Never leave windows open when door latches are within reach through them.

More importantly:

2) When riding a two wheeler at 6 in the morning...well actually , there's no when. Don't ever ride a two wheeler at 6 in the morning in the middle of November. Especially when you have no gloves, no muffler and you have large stretches of barren land that is very generous with the cold it generates.

That really isn't the end of my amazing weekend, but I thought I'd pause here to find out how you'll are doing out there. Do you need a break? A slightly long one did I hear? One that ensures the story of the rest of the weekend remains untold? Well..if wishes were horses....!!! But..considering I do have large reserves of mercy and to tel lyou the truth am a bit tired myself, shall sign off now..you can breathe in relief ....now!!!

*Edited to add*

So...
1) The thief wasn't that generous after all..he also took along with the phone and 800 bucks, my friend's swatch..and ..my...camera :( the same one that had been gifted to me not 2 months ago by my folks *sob* *sob* *many sobs*

2) Bad Thief...no certificate of appreciation...lots of chappals coming your way!

3) I feel really really stupid about writing about this and discovering the bigger loss like one week later. Quite a dork I am :( *more sobs*..

SO if you're reading this, right about now would be good time to send some hugs, warm feelings etc my way you know *sob*.

Comments

Mister Crowley said…
*patpat*..my sympathies....losing a camera is always painful.

Popular posts from this blog

How we broke up and rebuilt our relationship : 7 rules that helped us build a solid marriage

Good News:)))) No not those kinds....

Sistersick :((((((