Taking Stock

If someone asked me to describe the year gone by in one word, I would probably die trying. Describing anything in one word, as you would have guessed by now, isn't really my forte :)..but even then, this one would have left me completely stumped.

2007...it was a year of new beginnings, it brought with it a completely different world, promises of a tomorrow that I had been dreaming of for a long long time. It came, arms laden with extended family for me, it came laden with lessons to be learnt, it came disguised in sweetness I thought would be enough to carry me through another year. It is a year I wish I could go back and freeze in March, it is a year I wish I could erase July,August and September from. It is a year where the first half went by in a rush, where the second seems to drag on and on and on. It has been the year of breaking old moulds. It has been a year of reaching out, a year of being overwhelmed by the love I am surrounded by..the love of friends, the love of family. At the bottom of all that though, it has been a year of discoveries, of finding myself, of finding my grounding, of growing up.

When I read through the last few months, I see how much this blog has been instrumental in this processs. This process of self realisation, this process of healing. I can see the change in myself as a person, I see my experimenting with writing, all of which have been only for the better. For all this and more I am grateful. For the good and the bad, I am thankful. Without both, this year would not have been all that it is for me today.

I hope 2008 gives me a break though. I hope it comes with more lessons to be learnt...may they be not as bitter as the ones 2007 had.

Wish you all a very happy new year people. May it bring with it warm toasty memories, happiness that makes your cup overflow and love that envelopes you in it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How we broke up and rebuilt our relationship : 7 rules that helped us build a solid marriage

Good News:)))) No not those kinds....

Sistersick :((((((