The Curse we carry...


Sadly,
And I’m sure you agree,
Love isn’t perfect,
No cut and dry subject,
And still we cling to it unabashedly.


I go back in time,
Pick memories from our prime,
My attempt, you see,
To shelter, to preserve,
To build a sanctuary,
When threatened to dissolve.


Each day I get wearier,
But still I persevere,
My fingers, they bleed
From thorns that outbreed
The soft petals that I try to gather.


And sadly,
Here I am, absently,
Picking at scabs,
Snapping like crabs
At all that comes
To absolve me.
For isn’t it Life’s
Pretty little curse
The more you love,
The more you nurse
A heart that may not
Be broken,
But nonetheless, is as great
A burden.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How we broke up and rebuilt our relationship : 7 rules that helped us build a solid marriage

Good News:)))) No not those kinds....

Sistersick :((((((