14 reasons on our 14th

 My husband and I have seen 14 years together... Half of them married and more than four of them as parents. Each year, the reasons he gives me to love him only increase. So this year, on our 14th Valentine's day in this long journey of hopefully many many more  to come, I decided to count my blessings. In the humdrum of everyday, this definitely brought back many many smiles.

Dearest husband,

1) I love how you try so hard to not laugh at my sad jokes but see you stifle that sneaky grin anyway

2) I love that I'm always someone to pamper as far as you're concerned... How you say.. "If not for my wife then who"

3) I love how when I'm at my most insecure as a mom, you will sit me down and let me know why I don't need to be worried

4) I love how you place your faith in me when it comes to the well being of your father and trust my intentions always. Thank you

5) I love your passion for things that make you go, read up, know everything on it possible and still not gloat about it... Though you probably should 😎

6) I love your persistence. You're a man who looks a problem in the eye and says I will fix this no matter what i.e. If you decide it's worth your time. You don't care who you piss off or what goes haywire in the process, you persist.

7) I love how hands on you are.... With me, with our son, the kitchen. We've all felt the comfort of you folding your sleeves up and showing us how to really get involved.

8) You're HOT! Yes, there's a beer belly, yes there's moobs. But. Look at you... Look at the sexiness that is you. Add in your willingness to do no matter what it takes. How could I not go weak in the knees

9) I love how completely you have embraced fatherhood. First with Sparky and then with Aarohan. You've learnt to sleep with the lights on, learnt to sleep on the tiniest bit of bed available and still wake up cheerful and ready to greet the minions with a smile. Even if that is not extended to wife 😉

10) You are an amazingly intelligent man. I adore that about you. Even after all these years, you astound me with everything that you know. And that too without carrying the label of a well read man or intellectual guy about you. 

11) How much you respect commitment. I learnt to go all in from you. To put both feet in and stay all the way. To respect marriage and its vows. All that and more you bring to our marriage and I love you for what you do and what you have taught me about commitment

12) You're an undoubtedly decent man. You're full of goodness. Your words may be pins and thorns.. But your heart is pure gold. I see that, I love that, I am so so proud of that heart of yours.

13) You are not ashamed to admit having opinions that are divergent to popular opinion. That is such a change from who you used to be. I've seen you transform to a more confident man. A man not afraid to share his opinion. And even though it can make my life miserable at times, I love that about you. I love your confidence in yourself.

14) And lastly, I love you for loving me and your family the way you do. Completely, unashamedly, protectively and angrily too. You've shown me it's OK to feel and show an entire range of emotions. That it's OK to be ugly at times, both inside and outside... And once I rage and subside, you'll still be there. You've shown me how home will always be your heart.... And you've blessed me with a family that makes my heart swell with gratitude. Thank you and love you for everything.

Love you for multiples of fourteen years and more....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How we broke up and rebuilt our relationship : 7 rules that helped us build a solid marriage

Good News:)))) No not those kinds....

And....again!