Eyes, Eyes Baby - A throwback to young love



Aah young love! It does not have the finesse and stability that comes with years of partnership. But, it more than makes up for it with it’s rush of hormones, with how it manages to gloss over all faults, with how it makes our hearts and eyes flutter.

Remembering young love brings with it memories of youth, memories of why I chose my husband in the first place. Keeps me grounded when I want to throw in the towel. It is for this reason that I hold on to my impressions of our youth, our early days. On days that the man frustrates me so, on days when the years of domesticity feel dreary, harking back to these times reminds me that the sun shall shine, soon and gloriously !

Your eyes,

They twinkle,

Shine and sparkle,

They tease and flirt,

They crinkle with mirth,

Your eyes , my love,

Make me soar above.

Your eyes

Tell a story,

Of pain so sorry,

They tell me how,

Under blow after blow,

You stood your ground

Refused to bow.

Your eyes, my dearest,

They fire in me a tempest.

Your eyes,

They glimmer,

With hope they shimmer,

Lighting up lives all around.

My pain they relieve,

My refuge they weave,

Through your eyes, my darling,

I find I again believe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How we broke up and rebuilt our relationship : 7 rules that helped us build a solid marriage

Good News:)))) No not those kinds....

And....again!