Clickety Clack - Day 3

Well well well..look who got herself to day 3! I was really skeptical about getting anything here today. Take a late night with friends the previous day, add in a cook no show today , throw in a Saturday with the little devil and his father both being at home all day and you have a recipe for not getting much time for yourself. Stir in a migraine just for the heck of it and voila...no looking back! So pardon me if I'm patting myself on my back a little (the contortion required is hilarious)!

"Ooooh Wow..this is soooo much better" Shaoli's earrings quipped.

Resigned to a day of constant commentary Shaoli ventured to ask "So now that you're not my relfection, what do I call you?"

"Wheeee...you know how many versions of myself I can see in these pretty pretty earrings? Uhm..call me anything; its not like you're going to have to adjust to a major change in habit right? Oh wow..did you just see me twirl?"

Shaoli sighed...this excitement was getting on her nerves. After all, she had a boring weekend to get back to; Or not. "So I'm just going to keep you and these earrings on the bed 'kay? Go bathe and then let's see what of the outdoors I can show you."

Shaoli excaped to the confines of her tiny bathroom. Up until now, this had been a place she avoided entering until she absolutely had to. Even with her tiny self, she had to contort herself into various positions to keep from bumping into something or the other every time a limb twitched. Today though, this was the one place in her tiny apartment that she could (she hoped) introspect away from the constant scrutiny of "S2" as she had decided to call her strange companion.

Trying to still keep her feelings of panic and shock at the sequence of otherworldly events at bay, Shaoli tried to draw up an agenda of what she might do. She didn't quite trust herself to walk into any of her trusty pubs and not come unravelled completely. Finally, she decided a walk down the crowded alleys of the shopping district would do her and S2 a lot of good. It would provide both distraction and enough stimuli to keep conversation to a minimum; or so she hoped.

Quickly finishing up showering, Shaoli went back to the bedroom, lest S2 get too impatient. Shaoli wasn't really sure of the extent of liberties she could take. While getting dressed, Shaoli decided to first wear her earrings for a tete-a-tete.

"So let me get this straight, you've just been waiting all this time for me to notice you and I never did? How long have you been here anyway? How come noone else has a relfection that can talk and generally come to life?" So much for keeping it brief thought Shaoli

" Ok..that makes me sound like a creepy stalker so strike that. Let's get to why no one else has been in a similar situation. While it's not common, it's definitely not unheard of. You see, I am a creation of yours. I didn't appear out of thin air..I was brought to life. By you. Well, your thoughts to be precise. You see?"

"No I don't. I never asked or thought or even in my wildest dreams wished or imagined talking to my own reflection. And definitely not one who could look infinitely better than anything I ever can"

"Oh you silly girl. As if anything this out of the ordinary could come out of something as straightforward as wishing for it! No No...it's all this time you spend alone in this dump, introspecting. See when you put so much of yourself out ..you know..you sort of breathe life into the very space you occupy. You could say that I am the child of your breaths and fucked up thoughts in a way. Why it happens to some and not everyone I don't have an answer to. But hey..look at it this way..now you have a roomie who you never have to feed/share space with etc. I'll be your company whenever you want "

As the import of what S2 had explained dawned on her, Shaoli shuddered to think of what other reflections/versions she might have spawned elsewhere. Resigning herself to deal with the here and now, she got back to getting ready.

"Moral of the story: Less thinking, more doing keeps Shaoli's life sane"

"Exactly. But why would you even want that? This here, this now is so much more fun and we could have such adventures" Shaoli's earrings glinted in her room lit by the mid day sun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How we broke up and rebuilt our relationship : 7 rules that helped us build a solid marriage

Good News:)))) No not those kinds....

Sistersick :((((((